- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chillies, finely sliced (deseeded if you don’t like it too hot)
- 2tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2tbsp garam masala
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- coriander , ½ roughly chopped, ½ leaves picked
- roasted peanuts, to serve
- cooked basmati rice, to serve
- STEP 1Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Brown the chicken in batches, setting aside once golden. Fry the onion for 8 minutes until softened. Then add the garlic, chilli and ginger and fry in the other 1 tbsp oil for 1 min. Add the garam masala and fry for 1 min more.
- STEP 2Stir in the peanut butter, coconut milk and tomatoes, and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the pan and add the chopped coriander. Cook for 30 mins until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through.
- STEP 3Serve with the remaining coriander, roasted peanuts and rice, if you like.