Spinach muffins are hard to make. You don’t want to spend time or effort to make something that your kids will not like. Now, what if I told you that there is a simpler way? These days, you can quickly make healthy muffins in one bowl. They are moist and delicious. And the best part is your kids will be asking for more. Meet The Sweet Spinach Muffin. A simple yet healthy muffin recipe. So simple that anyone can make it in one bowl.
- 18 standard cupcake liners
- 2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large banana
- 6 ounce raw baby spinach (by weight)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and line a muffin pan with paper liners (or use silicone muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray).
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the butter until just melted. Using a blender or food processor, blend the raw spinach, banana, honey, milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter until completely pureed.
- Pour the puree into the dry ingredient bowl, and fold together gently until just combined. (Do not over-mix.)
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the muffins are firm to the touch on top, but not quite browning.
- Cool most or all of the way before serving.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 85mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g