INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- very ripe bananas
- Rolled oats
- Butter (or nut butter)
- Baking powder and soda
- Pure vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
Here’s a look at the simple process involved in making this banana bread recipe. Scroll down to see the full recipe at the bottom of the post.
- Place the oats in the bowl of a food processor and grind.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
TIP: Let cool fully in the pan before slicing and serving to make sure it holds together well.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST HEALTHY BANANA BREAD
- Use very ripe bananas with a lot of brown spots for the best flavor and natural sweetness.
- We like the bread plain or topped with nut butter or with a simple frosting made with combination of maple syrup and cream cheese.
- You can make this dairy-free by using nut butter, such as peanut butter or almond butter, instead of the butter.
- You can make this gluten-free by using certified gluten-free rolled oats.
- You can use honey instead of maple syrup (but avoid honey for babies under 12 months.)